Here are the 10 myths that Prof. Kenyon discussed:
- Atheists are angry at [insert favorite god here].
- Atheists are faking being atheists.
- Atheists are immoral.
- Atheism is Darwinism.
- Atheists think they can explain everything.
- Atheists hold that life has no meaning.
- Atheism = communism/fascism/etc.
- Atheism is faith-based.
- Atheism is a religion.
- Atheism dominates the media.
I think this is just the beginning of a much longer list. Here are a few that come to mind:
11. Atheists are dogmatic.
12. Atheists are militant.
13. Atheists choose atheism to avoid moral responsibility for their actions.
Can you think of any other common myths?