Saturday, February 16, 2013

Woodworth: If You Didn't Support My Motion, It's Because of "Ideology, Political Bias, or Personal Interest"

According to a letter in our local newspaper, our local MP, Stephen Woodworth thinks that the only reason people didn't support his Motion 312 was "ideology, political bias or personal interest": "[Trudeau's] opposition to the evidenced-based study of a law denying the equal worth and dignity of same human beings, in the Motion 312 vote a few short months ago, was a triumph of ideology, political bias or personal interest over policy creation based on evidence, fact, and sound principle."

I guess it couldn't possibly be that most MP's viewed Woodworth's motion as a transparent ploy to head down the road to outlaw abortion. I guess it couldn't possibly be that Woodworth, as a devout Catholic, subscribes to any "ideology" himself.

(And I don't know what "same human beings" means.)

10 comments:

Eohippus said...

I'd be interested to know how many children Woodworth has adopted.

mregnor said...

Hey Shallit, how about a debate about when human life begins and about the personhood status of the child in the womb?

John said...

Hey mregnor, that debate has been hashed and rehashed on this blog and many others.

Jeffrey Shallit said...

Egnor:

I find abortion a very boring topic. The issue has been debated for years and you guys lost, badly. Nearly every civilized country permits abortion. What interests me is the unwillingness of my elected representative to be more straightforward about his motives and his refusal to answer my simple question.

mregnor said...

Shallit,

You won't find abortion a boring topic if we debate it. I think that's the reason that you refuse to publicly defend your view on when human life begins.

If I were you, I wouldn't want to defend it either.

Jeffrey Shallit said...

Egnor, ever the attention-whore, eh? What, no references to Nazis? You're really slipping. Your masters at the Discovery Institute must be disappointed.

mregnor said...

Shallit:

If I were an attention whore, I wouldn't be posting on your blog.

Back to our question:

When does human life begin, from a biological standpoint?

Jeffrey Shallit said...

What, no Nazi references? Must be a bad day for you.

The answer is easy for those who are not evolution-deniers. Human life began about 400,000 years ago.

Now go bore someone else. I prefer talking with people who don't lie routinely.

SLC said...

Re mregnor

If Mr. mregnor considers that life begins at conception, then god is the world's greatest abortionist as more then 50% of all conceived zygotes fail to implant and are thus spontaneously aborted. Put god on trial for murder.

mregnor said...

@SLC:

I love pro-abortion reasoning. Natural death occurs, therefore intentional killing is moral.

If you're ever accused of murder, SLC, try using the defense that lots of people die naturally, therefore it is ok to kill intentionally.

But the only thing you murder, SLC, is logic.